This is Doge. He’s one of the internet’s hottest memes.
Below is a graph showing the number of google searches for “Doge” over time.
Peake doge, so wow, much analytics pic.twitter.com/Yc3u0TXThG
— Asher Wolf (@Asher_Wolf) November 7, 2013
But what… is… Doge… exactly? Let’s break down doge in 7 easy steps.
(click on any picture in the post to arrive at the source)1. “Doge” is web slang for “dog.” The doge meme starts with a picture of a Shiba Inu.
The breed is called “shibe” in online slang.
Any picture of a shibe will do.
2. Text is then added in Comic Sans font that represents the shibe’s internal monologue in “dog speak.”
3. The word “wow” must be used.
4. Other thoughts often begin with “so,” “much,” and “such.”
Writing nonsense is not only accepted, but encouraged.
5. The doge meme takes many forms. The same shibe images are manipulated or added into other photos for hilarious effect.
Sometimes the doge dog speak is added.
Sometimes it is not.
6. Doge also exists in GIF format.
7. There really is no limit to doge.
Wow. Much image, so meme.
Much teaching, so perm. Wow.
Keep up with the latest doge memes at reddit.com/r/doge/ and download the image below to start making your own doge memes.